2.8.13

Found in a bottle:

And the wind is a howling! It came on faster than I thought, and harder, too.
The raft is beseiged by sea-birds who seem to think that their
presence stabilizes the raft. The Glade cutting is safely stowed
under a box... I seem to be ready. The sky is dark, and in fact I can
no longer tell which way is east... No idea where the wind is pushing
me.
I should tether myself to the raft, but I don't seem to have the
energy. It's not too late for me to pull into a safe harbour, but
again, I don't have the energy.
So I'm sitting in the middle of the raft, leaning and bending as the
raft tips and wallows. The first big slant of the raft bowled me over
but once I realized the storm had hit I took my balancing very
seriously....
the paper from here down is torn off

No comments: