23.6.12

House update

My energy showed up this morning! A welcome visit. I think I have an interesting correlation between my physical space and my energy. I've been pounding away on my kitchen reno, and had not actually finished the last reno, so I had lost a room. I cleaned out that room, and POW! Right back on my game. I'm actually sitting in it right now to write this post while I listen to the radio. I can hear my neighbours tamping their front yard. Oh hey, do you know who my neighbours are? No? Well: SOUTH: Mike and Shannon. He's an engineer, she's a doctor. This is pretty much winning the lottery in terms of neighbours. They are younger than us, and have moved to the I-Hood from Rich Suburb. Sometimes I worry that they long for the calm of the suburbs. FARTHER SOUTH: A n ex-Inn inhabited by what I think is an enormous Philipino family. NORTH: The vacant slum house owned by English Steve is for sale. Good luck, English Steve! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! FARTHER NORTH: Brad, a 'confirmed bachelor' who has been renovating his house for longer than I've been renovating mine. He is very nice and a wonderful neighbour. He has been known to volunteer power tools. He has a dog named Archie who wears a kerchief. SOUTHEAST: Mystery. No idea. Presumably humans. EAST: A pair of University students who are very nice and put up with my basement reno with grace. Their house used to be I Am Chorus' house. NORTHEAST: Mike the Handyman and his bevy of children. Very nice, and we've exchanged kind words over the alley many times. NORTHWEST: Vacant and derelict. It looks like a horror show set. Srsly. WEST: Logan and Merrick, the best gay couple neighbours one could imagine. Merrick is a distilled stereotype. They are amazing, they have a BEAUTIFUL house and wonderful taste. They also have a delightful dog. And a hot-tub. HI NEIGHBOURS! SOUTHWEST: A house inhabited by a large Chilean family, some of whom deal drugs. Apart from the drugs, they are fine. Ok, so that's the neighbourhood. Mostly. I left out the Entomologists, the single nurse on the prowl, and the duplex inhabited by three generations of one family. :)

No comments: