18.8.08

A rambling sort of a post.

In aid of this post, I am copying the format from Psalm 23.

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

He makes me lie down in nice bed covered in laundry and cats. Also it's really hot, but I seem to be lucky and able to sleep in +22 celcius, which is about what the bedroom is. I sooooo look forward to the end of this particular heat wave.

he leads me beside quiet waters in Lesser Slave Lake, made less quiet by the presence of screaming children, but that's okay too. I am also a complete failure as a fisherman, but I'm pretty good at sitting still.

he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of not having a cigarette in a week (though I suspect I'll have one tonight) for his name's sake. I am somewhat sore physically as a result of having put up tin roofing all weekend in the incredible heat

Even though I bike through the downtown area, I think I am safer and faster than any car. I'm also finding that I go about 8-9 mph on the bike and can get anywhere I need to, including to the big-box stores on the periphery of the city, pretty easily.

I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

I should prepare a table before me in the presence of a week with no groceries, so I will go the Safeway after work and get some food. I hope burgers will suffice for tonight's repast!

I anoint my head with home-made shampoo; my cup is empty, so hopefully tomorrow I will make some more.

Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in Isambard for some time, particularly after I get the balcony finished and the fence built, which are my remaining summer tasks. I also need a new tupperware for holding the millet for the sparrows (greedy buggers that they are).