30.12.20

Running

 So I've taken up the running in a big way.

In April of this year I was powering along pretty well, but at a very consistent 11kph and plateauing there. 

Then I hurt my foot playing with the Peanuts in the playground and had to take a month off, no running.

When I started up again, I realized that if I was going to do this, I wanted to be _really_ good at it, so I found a coach and off I went.

My goal, stated training goal, was to do 15km in 1:15 by October. And sure enough, in October of this year I ran 15km in 1:11.  But then I wanted the next thing to do.

So now I'm training up for a half-marathon. In the running world, it's not really a big deal, it's pretty mundane. But for me it's a big deal.

So now I run _a lot_. 60km a week, usually, and two of those runs are hard runs with fast speeds and long distances. And the rest of the runs are easy little recovery runs. But they're still competitive training, right?

So today my easy little recovery run is 12 km.

No comments: