15.6.20

Shifting time...

ok, so June is wrapping up, and soon day camps will start again (Assuming the Government of Prairie Province doesn't close everything again because our illness rates have jumped again...)

So I will get some weeks that are straightup weeks of work with no chilluns to distract me, and some of that is going to be amazing for work, and some of it is going to be amazing for projects around the house.

I've talked about this a little bit in the past, but here's some hard answers on some things:

1) I want to keep working from home as much as possible. 
  • I'm _productive_ at home and I have data to prove it
  • Our meetings are shorter
  • My breaks are productive because I can get things done
  • My day is 2 hours longer because I don't need to commute.
OK, so if the Peanuts go back to school and bus drop off continues at their grandparents, it makes sense for me to do all my mornings at home, and then a quick drop in to the office at the end of the day, because it's about a 5 minute train ride from grandparents' house to check in on mail, etc.


That could work, and I'd cross over with a lot of people.
It would mean continuing to meet by Google meets with a lot of people, but we're getting quite good at that.

Food for thought...


No comments: