11.10.16
Unpacking an issue
So I have a friend who has this attitude:
"My parents need to spend more time with my children, and I have asked them to provide after-school care for my children, but I also demand that my parents get therapy before they do this"
So, they're demanding grandparent time, but also demanding that the grandparents go to therapy before doing this.
And let's be clear:
The grandparents are WONDERFUL. Like as in the best.
So, if the request is prima facie insane, then it must be something else, to be rational. There are no other grandparents in the situation, so... is this an attempt to isolate the kids, or one spouse or the other?
This is socially distancing behaviour, designed to abuse somebody, and I just can't figure out who.
It's probably not the spouse, which leaves the kids or the grandparents.
It's unlikely to be the kids, because I don't see any other risk factors (and it's a thing I know a little bit about)
So it's the grandparents? This is an attempt, conscious or otherwise, to abuse the grandparents.
Ok, so, let's look at Elder Abuse for a sec. Let's assume for a moment that ... shit... just thought of something... NOTE TO SELF ON SOMETHING
Anyway, my worry is that this will move from accidental emotional abuse to financial abuse of the grandparents, which would be a hell of a thing.
So now I'm off to read this:
http://www.nicenet.ca/tools-preventing-and-intervening-in-situations-of-financial-abuse-ontario
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment