29.1.13

Winter blast!

It is -43 celcius here today, take into account the windchill. That's cold. If you're not in the wind, it's tolerable; otherwise, you gonna die. Or wish you were dead, anyway. Peanut is a champion sleeper. This is a thing that continues to amaze. She sleeps 5-7 hours a night, uninterrupted. She is also thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close to smiling at me. When she does, I will be forever putty in her fingers. She does sorta half-smile now, but not the same giant grins that I see in other babies. Soon... I have three weeks of work left before I go on Pat Leave, which will be awesome. I am looking forward to the massive amounts of energy I experience on Saturdays being a daily occurrence. As long as she keeps sleeping, of course. I will hope to get the dining room and basements crafted into something nice, and maybe even do some landscaping in a gentle fashion around the place. And that is all there is to say about that. Three weeks left. PS. That will be the first time since... 1999... I think? that I have not been full-time employed, and the first time since 1996 that I don't have to leave the house during the day

No comments: