3.7.12
In which we have an ultrasound and I vent about work.
We had our last(?) ultrasound today, and all seems well. We saw a spine and fingers and. Toes and a heart and a head and THE CUTEST NOSE EVER and so on. We did not see any indicators of sex, which is how we want it. We miiiiit be due a little earlier than we thought, which is ok too.
I really do hope that this pregnancy goes all as planned, and that we cruise, un-stressed and not until necessary, into the fancy new Ladies Hospital. I also really hope that we can go by bus, as I think that's hilarious. The Project Manager does not think this is hilarious... But she's not 100% opposed, either.
I am building a new kitchen, which is good fun, and it is coming along nicely. The Project Manager's uncle is a mad demon renovator and has been an HUGE help. It should be done by end of summer.
Ok, work. Work has been a screaming madhouse. I am catastrophically behind, and I don't mean maybe. This is, I detect, a bit of a pattern. I get catastrophically behind, and then I dig and dig and dig until I am out in the clear, and then I fall away again into being behind.
Can this be mitigated? Hmmm, I am not sure. What if I had an administrative assistant? I would need them to come with me to meetings and take notes, as I don't always do as good a job of that as I can. This little IPad helps, but not always. I have a bit of an organizational structure to my office that helps, but maybe I could do a bit better with it. I need an app that ties into Gmail that organizes tasks... (distracted: just saw a corvette towing a trailer, it looked ridiculous). Ok, let's try sorting my emails by ... Hmmm, no. Emails are not the problem. Maybe I need to add one project to FINISH every day. I won't always get to it, but it will be one goal that takes work off my plate.
That's a thought
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment