11.12.11
Quiet night
Had a very nice quiet night tonight with The Project Manager. We watched a little TV, a little movie, and just bummed around. It was extra nice because it was so unexpected; I don't know how we managed this in December.... Every other night except Fridays is booked.
The PM is doing very well, but concerned about whether her appearance is changing. I think it's 50% happy that it is because it makes it realer, but also 50% sadness because she feels it is a point of no return. I think she worries that she won't get to be youthful after she's a mom, so I work hard to reassure her.
I'm really lucky to have her; I realize this more and more every day. She's gentle but uncompromising (I'm pretty sure she is intimidated by NONE of the male members of my family, and has plans for all of them, and doesn't have any plans for the female members because she is confident they can take care of themselves and may need to be counted on as allies in future discussions with the male members...)
Huh. As I type that I realize how true it is. Oh my.
She's socked out beside me. She falls asleep in no time these days, and we only got 6 hours of sleep last night as she concluded her Burlesque career (so we were up 'til 2 am and up for church at 8 (yeah, burlesque and church, it's how she rolls))
We watched Knocked Up. It might be terrible, I have no idea, as I was too busy realizing how easy it is to be a giant slacker like the male protagonists. A good film for fathers-to-be, as the dialogue between characters is quite true to life, even if the situations are a bit absurd.
Ok, that's that for now; I'm off to sleep!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment