So, gentle reader, we have come to a time where I must ask you to keep a secret. Not for long; only until Christmas.
If you are unable to keep a secret, perhaps due to some piece of WWII shrapnel embedded in your frontal lobes, please stop reading now and click this link. It will amuse you.
Are they gone? Is it just us here now? Excellent. Where was I?
Oh yeah! The Project Manager and I are pregnant. Well, teeeeechnically, she is pregnant. I am just proud.
We are due at the end of June, 2012, so we're still in that period where 50% of first pregnancies end (thus it is not a sure thing by any means).
The blood test is done and the results are on their way, the first doctor's appointment is booked for early November (I'm not invited, btw) and all in all things are good.
The Project Manager is alternately freaked out and ecstatic, often within the same sentence. She has always worried about her abilities as a parent, but I have 100% faith that we will be fine.
She's also worried about how our lifestyle will change, but I maintain it will change less than we think. We entertain at home a lot; you can do that with a baby. We both drink beer; you can do that at home (after the baby is born). We both like the theatre; Babysitters can be had.
The plan after the baby's arrival is that The PM will take off a small few months (number TBD) and then I will take parental leave for an appropriate period to cover until formal childcare arrangements can be made. These arrangements will likely include some cobination of Aunts and Uncles, Grandmas, and compressed work weeks.
So how are you?
20.10.11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
There's no point in asking me if I can keep a secret, because by the time you've asked the question, I've already surmised that there's a baby involved.
Also, congratulations!
Post a Comment