22.3.11

The winter that will never end.

This winter has been... forever. It was warmed on the 27th of January than it is now. We've had the biggest snowfall since 1972. And it's snowing again.

What is more frightening, however, than its duration is that fact that its end is now in sight! Green grass is promised along with above zero temperatures. Birds are making some noises that indicate their priorities are changing, and the sun peeps over the horizon slightly earlier and slightly northerier (shush) every day.

This is very intimidating! Once I owned a light jacket, but where is it now? Is it lost? Can I remember how to wear it? If I wear it wrong, people will see my failure and mock me!

I knew once how to bicycle on a warm, dry road, but those skills are frozen and old.

I am genuinely afraid to see how this turns out.

Oh well, I'll give it my best shot and see!

No comments: