26.1.11

Finances

So I do some pretty detailed analysis of my spending on an ongoing basis.

Now that 2010 is over, I have some interesting numbers:

I spent $2,633 on groceries; about $8 a day. So far this year, I have spent $278, which is about $10 a day. Expected net result, spending will be up $730 this year.

I spent $3,550 dining out; about $10 a day. So far this year I have spent $178 dining out; about $7 a day. Expected net result, spending will drop $1,095.

Hey, so far I'm up $300 on the year! Taking my lunch FTW! The downside is that by the time lunch-time gets here, I'm hungry! I don't like being hungry.

I spent... um... sigh... $1,377 on alcohol, or about $4 a day. So far this year I have spent $192 on booze, about $8 a day. DING DONG CRAP. However.... if I eliminate one very high end purchase, it's only $5 a day, so a yearly increase on this of $365.

The last of my top-four discretionary expenses is... shall we say a particularly popular northern coffee emporium? Last year I paid $496 for their delicious delicious coffee, or about $1.50 a day. This year I have successfully cut it down to $1 a day so far...

So so far, breaking even! Or so.
:)

No comments: