Count Blogula, the undead blog, rises from the grave!
Since we last spoke, here's the various scoops:
My house remains obstinately on the ground, foiled by 'Audrey' at the Planning department of Prairie Metropolis. See, my house is so close to the house next door that the City would very much like it if the houses were torn down and replaced with something spaced a little farther apart. As of this morning, The Contractor and I, who are in constant contact, believe we are leaping the last hurdle even now. The main bone of confusion seems to be that the City thinks I am raising the house to a new level, when in fact, I am lowering it. Kinda.
I am continuing to live with She Who Does Not Have A Blog Nickname, and that is going very well. The condo is no bigger than it was, but that's ok, too. I do really miss living in Isambard, but that will come back in its time too. I am 100% aware of the stress that moving into that house may cause her, but I'm gonna make that play nonetheless when the time is right!
There is much to do on renovating it on the inside before that can happen, anyway, so
there's not a huge rush.
UPDATE: Audrey, the cruel empress of planning, has relinquished the house, and I am informed that we are marching forward. More details to follow.
11.8.10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I really like "Count Blogula"!
hurray for the defeat of the fell Audrey!
Post a Comment