(First family member to blog on Michael Jackson! I win!)
Anyhoo...
So I learned yesterday via IM that Michael Jackson had died, or maybe not, or maybe so, and then yes for sure.
There are two epitaphs for him:
"Thriller is the sixth studio album by American recording artist Michael Jackson and the best-selling album of all time"
and
"Jacko Found Not Guilty on All Counts"
Both need to be considered for a complete picture of the man, but ultimately the first is paramount, and may in a certain light be the cause of the second.
I have noticed in many of my peers, and certainly those people who have never seen the Thriller album (I mean, phsyically SEEN it (aka "young whippersnappers") a tendency to dismiss epitaph number 1 because of epitaph number two, and that's not correct either.
Michael Jackson was The King of Pop, and like many other monarchs, he died insane, in exile and a polarizing figure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment