I continue to be a happy raft dweller... no one can steer my raft, I go where I like, etc. etc.
As I've now been cleared for landing by port authorities and my doctors, I have begun to spend some time ashore.
The locals on shore are very warm and welcoming, and leave me to my own devices much of the time.
And I come and go as I like.
Ships who see me floating around in the shipping lanes often tease me, however, demanding to know why I would take back to my raft when I could stay on the island.
I don't know why I do either, but I resent the question.
It's also interesting that the islanders in question don't ask... just others who have seen me paddling away. I suppose I should make sure it's not bothering the islanders.
5.1.09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment