4.11.08

A comfortable routine

I thought I'd be less relaxed than this on my little raft...

The storms are completely passed, and the stormy season itself seems to be over. I have a clear bill of health from the doctors, and could, in theory, explore new islands.

Exploring new islands is diverting, but I find myself back on the raft before too long, drifting to and fro again.

Part of the reason for this is that my raft gets solider and solider every day. I patch little holes, brace the sides and bail out the water.

I tend to the little cutting of the Glade, which continues to thrive.

I fish. I hate fishing.

I'm not good at standing still, so this confinement on the raft (and the damn fishing) are both challenges to me. The problem is that they're necessary, so I'd better get used to standing still.

No comments: