I have had an interesting stand-off with the medical authorities.
They have detected some ireegularities that are making it unlikely that I can go ashore anywhere until they're dealt with, or in remission, or what-have-you.
It's interesting because this may be an illness I contracted without realizing it, without seeing it as illness. It's a little bit like suddenly successfully losing weight, then finding out it's because you have cancer.
In this case, (it's not cancer) but it's something whose symptoms I can control if I maintain the proper medication an exercise regime.
So over the last few days I've been doing sit-ups and pushups (you can 't do much more on a raft) and then trying to find ways to monitor the symptoms.
Most islands have harbour physicians who will check me out and give me a bit of a diagnosis. I did stop in briefly onto two islands over the last few days, and one doctor saw no synmptoms at that time, but the other doctor looked very concerned and tut-tutted his way away.
1.10.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is worrying...
Post a Comment