10.9.08

Calmed again...

I threw my last missive into a bottle into the sea in the height of the storm.

The storm ended earlier than I thought, leaving a beautiful calm sea. More beautiful because I hadn't been pounded into pulp by the crashing seas? Likely.

In any account I am back on my raft and once again out in the shipping lanes. The Glade cutting has completely survived... sealed in its little box I doubt it even knew the storm was occurring.

I drifted into a harbour two days ago for a medical check-up, and was un-surprised to find that the medical authorities still do not consider me safe enough to come ashore. They have given me some exercises and some stretches to do and those I am trying to remember to do them.

The exercises are focused on... well it's odd. As far as I can tell, the doctors think I may never come ashore, and their exercises seem to be devoted to making sure I can eke out a life in the shipping lanes.

No comments: