30.5.08

Busy day

A lot has happened today.

First: I met with the Harbour Authorities about my re-entry to the Mainland. A very productive discussion where in fact it turns out I do not pass the physical examination to return to the mainland.
However, the Harbour Authority believes that this is repairable and we will set forth on this. I was more tired after the physical exam than I thought I would be, which is promising. A rigourous schedule of doctor's appointments and quarantines has been established.

Second: I snuck back onto the Island to visit the Glade and was startled to find that as a result of my absence from it, certain weeds had taken hold. I was in the process of fixing this when the local Glade Tenders appeared to assist, apparently they place the Glade above their sects and sides in the civil war for this moment, which is heartening.
However, I did catch them making some snide comments about how they feel they should have been the main tenders all the time that I maintained the Glade over the last 6 years.
I felt like screaming, and in fact had reached for the pistol in my pouch when I reconsidered. I toiled in silence to clean up what was done, and did not say:
"The Glade has been here all this time, why not tend it yourselves at all during that time?"
or
"The Glade has needed your help, but you had to go off and fight a civil war instead!"
or
"How dare you resent what I am good at, what inspired the Bwana to invite me to this island in the first place?"

Assholes to the lot of them.

1 comment:

Crimson Rambler said...

"Feckers," I believe, is the MOT JUSTE here.