Well.
Here we are.
The worst looms on the horizon.
The Bwana has said they are reviewing my island residency. Apparently the new mainlander has better qualifications than I do, but my years of service are being recognized and considered and my residency may not be revoked.
The options, as I see them, are:
1) The Mainlander may be forced to return to the mainland. This may be inevitable, as he faces criminal charges and may be extradited
2) I will be sent back to the mainland and barred from the island. This would devastate me. I have built a good home here, and would miss the glade and the afternoons spent debating policy and legislation with the bwana
3) I may be moved in with the general population here, in the barrios, and the Mainlander will take my place. This would hurt, but may be in fact where I should be living, as the bwana has taken, recently, to treating me as a local, instead of a valued counsellor.
4) The Mainlander may move into the barrios and share duties of counselling the bwana with me.
If I have not stated it before, I should point out that I am not the only mainlander to set foot on this island. Even after I came to live here, mainlanders would visit and spend time with the bwana. At those times, I was happiest relegated to the glade where I could work on my hedges and trimmings.
14.3.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment