15.2.08

The Westminster Food Show

Well, we're back from Westminster and WE WON!

(sorry, for those who don't know, I entered a wonderful poppy-seed muffin named 'Puppy' into the Westminster Food Show this year)

I knew going into the Group competition that Puppy would take it. I mean, honestly, one entry had a BITE out of it. I had a little bit of apprehension over how Puppy looked when she was removed from her airline crate, but after some brushing and grooming she positively glowed!

Well, after we won Best in Group it was on to the Big Game!

There was a bowl of chili named Juan, a fruit tray named Fulianne (that's my favourite girl's name!), a bag of Ruffle chips and a hard-boiled egg named Xerxes III.

After a lot of running back and forth, and making sure that Puppy looked her best, and was perfectly positioned... the judge said those magic words...

"Could I have the muffin, please"

I was so excited. Of course, Puppy was still moist, so the judge ate it right up and gave me the ribbon!

After I recovered, I spoke to the other competitors. The lady, Phyllis I think, who brought the chili, said Juan would be back in 2009, but I think the others were just going to eat their entries (but I think I saw Xerxes III in the garbage later...)

Anyway, I'm rearing a new batch of microwave pizza snacks at home, and I think they'll be ready for next year!

bon appetit!

No comments: